- Always stress correct mechanics. Relate the mechanics to the specific movements of your sport. Emphasize correct mechanics without making the athlete robotic. All for individual expression of each athlete.
- Maximum speed is highly dependent on the optimum combination of stride length and stride frequency. Do not get caught up on developing one to the exclusion of the other.
- Speed is a motor task. You can learn to run faster through correct mechanics and situational awareness. Correct arm action is very important in sprinting. In acceleration, arm action helps with force application. In maximal speed, the arm plays more of a role in balance.
- Optimum Speed is the goal. Speed that you can use and control in the game. Never lose sight of the “moment of truth”. When you least expect it and are most fatigued, speed will be the deciding factor.
Athletic speed can be improve by the following ways:
- Starting ability (acceleration)
- Stride length (increase after initial acceleration)
- Stride rate (number of steps per time)
- Speed endurance
- Sprint form and technique
Post-Ortho Sports Rehab FREE Evaluation—>>> https://pk156.infusionsoft.com/app/page/postortho
Follow on Facebook—>>> https://www.facebook.com/coachhos/
Subscribe on YoutTube—>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuy6mBKvV1SehMKvALdcNjg/featured?view_as=subscriber