Your Recovery Plan
Have a post-exercise nutrition plan in place to consistently have recovery fuel options at your fingertips
- The ultimate goal of post-exercise refueling is to help you fully recover and prepare for the next practice or competition. Consistently consuming a mix of foods and fluids high in carbohydrates and protein (in the right amounts and at the right time) enables you to more rapidly prepare for exercise the next day. Prolonging post-exercise refueling stalls your body in a “breakdown” mode, taking it longer to recover once you do eat
- Recovery is an essential component in sports training.
- The adaptation to training occurs during the recovery.
- Recovery is the process needed for repairing damage caused by training or competition.
WARNING: Waiting a few hours after workouts and competitions to eat and drink appropriate foods and fluids with energy delays exercise recovery. While you may not feel like a large meal or a lot of solid food right after training, getting used to a small snack or liquid recovery drink can be the difference-maker for many athletes, especially during heavy training periods. Recovery nutrition is a small nutritional habit that can have a huge impact on performance
- Restore glycogen levels- to be effective carbohydrates should be taken within 2 hours after exercise.
- 1 gram of carbohydrate per kilogram of bodyweight per hour for the first two hours post exercise/post competition
- Minimize the breakdown of muscle- use a 1 to 4 ratio protein-carbohydrate
Restore depleted electrolytes- electrolyte replacement is crucial
- Sodium is the most important electrolyte as it is the one lost in sweat.
- Replacement of electrolytes can prevent heat illness, nausea, confusion, headaches, sleeplessness, post exercise fatigue, and muscle soreness.
- Avoid colas, coffee, tea, and alcohol
- Good choices- Water & sports drinks that contain sodium, foods high in water content, such as fruits, vegetables & soups
Post-Ortho Sports Rehab FREE Evaluation—>>> https://pk156.infusionsoft.com/app/page/postortho
Follow on Facebook—>>> https://www.facebook.com/coachhos/
Subscribe on YoutTube—>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuy6mBKvV1SehMKvALdcNjg/featured?view_as=subscriber